Note: This blog was originally posted in August 2016. It was updated in Spring 2020.
1) Results Based Coaching Tool
This tool is used to document the impact of teacher and student learning across a coaching cycle.
For more information:
- Watch this video on how to use the tool:
- PDF of the Results Based Coaching Tool
- Word Document of the Results Based Coaching Tool
- Make a copy in Google
- For more information read chapter 9 in Student-Centered Coaching: The Moves (Sweeney and Harris)
2) Partnership Agreement for Coaching Cycles
The partnership agreement is used at the beginning of the coaching cycle so that the teacher(s) and coach are prepared for intentional collaboration.
- PDF of the Partnership Agreement Tool
- For more information read chapter 3 in Student-Centered Coaching: The Moves (Sweeney and Harris)
3) Coaching Logs
These coaching logs align with the Results-Based Coaching Tool and are used across a coaching cycle.
PDF of Coaching Logs
- Identify a Coaching Cycle Goal
- Develop Learning Targets
- Create a Plan for the Pre-Assessment
- Pre-Assessment Data
- Weekly Planning Meetings
- Post Assessment Data
4) Noticing and Naming Note Catcher
This grid serves as a note catcher for when a coach is in a classroom working alongside a teacher. It keeps the focus on student learning. It also provides anecdotal data that can be readily used during planning sessions.
- Note Catcher – PDF of the Tool
- For more information read chapters 4 and 5 in Student-Centered Coaching: The Moves (Sweeney and Harris)
5) Checklist for Getting Coaching Cycles Up and Running
This handy checklist will get you started with both your principal and teachers. Use it to make sure that you are defining the coach’s role while also building towards coaching cycles.
- Checklist – PDF of the Tool
- For more information read chapter 3 from Student-Centered Coaching: The Moves (Sweeney and Harris)
DOWNLOAD ALL TOOLS INTO ONE DOCUMENT HERE
If you’d like to learn more about implementing Student-Centered Coaching in your school or district, please contact us at email@example.com.